Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Introducing Phoebe

There's a new feline addition to our household.

She's grey, with patches of ginger and she has beautiful, light green eyes.

She's a 8-9 months old stray, whom we now affectionately call Phoebe.

Adopting her, was serendipity.

My Twitter followers would know I had my eyes set on this Ragdoll male cat which was being given up for adoption on the Cat Welfare Society adoption board. But he went to someone else who contacted the owner before me. When my friend found out about my disappointment, she suggested adopting this female kitty in her neighbourhood (she knows I love dogs and thought her manja personality would suit me).

She's smart, naughty (she caused our Christmas tree to topple at least twice so far) but she's also a super sweetie.

I love the way she 'talks' to herself, her kneading actions when we pet her, the nom nom nom sounds she makes when she enjoys her food, the way she rolls on her back like a dog whenever she sees us and how she comes out of her room to sit outside the bathroom, when I take a shower.

I have always wanted a dog and never thought I could feel the same way about a cat, but Phoebe has proven me wrong

We've only had her for 10 days, but we're smitten. I can't wait to learn her other idiosyncrasies.

Now pardon this infatuated pa(w)rent, for the overdose of kitty photos below.













4 comments:

  1. Enjoy being a paw-rent! It's extremely rewarding! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh heh she is a sweetie! Reminds me of Coco, similar colouring and stripes. :)
    You will love love love being a paw-rent! They are rascals but having them in your life is, as Lady J says, extremely rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love her! i miss having cats around and wish we could over here. enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lady J & yAnn - I'm sure it is!

    backfullcircle - aww, cwhy an't you keep one over there?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Subscribe: