Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Everything With Fries

A couple of weeks back, we checked out Everything With Fries at Holland Village.

I really should stop indulging so sinfully, with my photoshoot looming around the corner. But what can i say, i love my carbs!

Like the name suggests, you order a main, which comes with a generous amount of fries. You also get to choose your greens - either a Caesar Salad orColeslaw.

You also get to choose the flavour of your fries, from Original, Curry, Salt and Vinegar, Sour Cream and Onion and Garlic and Herbs.

I had the Breaded Salmon with Original fries while the fiance had the Grilled Pork Chop with Garlic and Herb fries.

Because we were greedy, we also ordered Skinny Wings to nibble on.

Skinny Wings
The verdict?

I was pleasantly surprised that the salmon, being deep fried, was not overcooked. In fact, it was seared very nicely. Crispy breadcrumbs enveloped the moist, 3/4 cooked salmon fillet inside. Very nicely done. My original fries came seasoned with salt and paprika. Nothing fantastic.

Breaded Salmon with Original Fries
The pork chop was well marinated. A pity it was a little on the tough side. His fries were nothing to shout about too as the garlic/herb taste could have been stronger.

Grilled Pork Chop with Garlic and Herb Fries

Overall, it was still a good dining experience. And affordable too. I wouldn't mind going back but I still prefer the good old fries from Mac's, if you ask me :)


2 comments:

  1. Been a while I visit your blog too and wow! I missed alot! Love the photos from the Australia trip. Well, actually, love ALL your photos! Great color and composition! You using a DSLR?
    Thanks by the way for the sweet note. :) I am much better now.
    Will be looking forward to see your pre-wed pix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks babe, you're too kind! I used a point and shoot for my Australia trip. Some of the recent shots were from my iPhone.

    Anyway, i've got more advice to give, but will probably drop you an email :)

    I can't wait for my pre-wed pix too, but my photoshoot is only in a month's time! Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Subscribe: