Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Maldives - Valentine's Day

The hubs and I have never been fans of Valentine’s Day. We don’t believe in overpriced flowers or dinners at fancy restaurants. But that's just us.

We had never intended to coincide the honeymoon with V Day. The original plan was to leave the day after the wedding but the air tickets were ridiculously expensive with the Chinese New Year long weekend. In the end, we booked our trip based on dates where we could find the cheapest air tickets.

It only occurred to us that we were going to spend V Day there when we were packing for the trip.

But boy did we succumb when we were at the Maldives.

We dressed up for dinner. I blushed with joy when I was presented with a stalk of red rose by the restaurant staff. We had the Valentine’s Day Set Dinner and the specially concocted V Day cocktail (such suckers we were). What was a romantic dinner also turned out to be the most expensive one out of all our 7 nights.

Ah yes, the irrationality when you’re on honeymoon.


The 4-course set dinner was fantastic. We finished every bit of the Seafood stew.
I really liked the little touches from the resort. Nothing over the top. Thank goodness there weren't rose petals forming a heart shape on the bed!

Tea lights in the bedroom
Rose petals and tea lights in the bathtub
And this is my favourite

8 comments:

  1. Haha.. I succumbed to buying chocolate beer when I was in Tokyo in Feb. Their version of vday twist. Aren't we all suckers? :p
    Lovely dress gal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your dress, you look wonderful in it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lin - Is the chocolate beer nice? I love the dress, but I don't really have an occasion to wear it again! (P/S Miss your blog posts, start blogging soon!)

    thepleasuremonger - Thanks, you're too kind :) It's from BonitoChico, I really like their stuff but do you agree their recent collections haven't been as interesting?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes yes, was about to comment about your dress but thepleasuremonger beat me to it. You look gorgeous in the dress! And oooh, Maldivian poems? Sounds oh-so-romantic. I hope you guys read it to each other in a lovey-dovey sultry voice, yes? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your dress! When I return, wear it for a meetup? :P

    Post a poem please...? ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was superb! I was amazed at how well chocolate goes with beer! Strange combi, really. Been overwhelmed by work lately. Definitely will update soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. miss ene - My first thought when I saw the poems was how SATC is this! But the husband and I are no Mr Big and Carrie. And we both fell asleep after the second poem.

    YZ - Maybe I can wear the dress to XL's wedding hehe. Will post a poem soon!

    Lin - It does sound strange, but yummy! Look forward to your updates :) (Btw I want to show you photos of Dang's cheongsam, but am still waiting for the professional ones to be out).

    ReplyDelete
  8. the maldivian poems are such a nice touch! yes very SATC!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Subscribe: