Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Chai Tow Kway (Fried Raddish Cake)

Over the weekend, I made Chai Tow Kway from scratch (fried radish cake or fried carrot cake as we know it locally in Singapore) for the husband who loves this hawker staple and never fails to order it, even after finishing a plate of chicken rice or Chap Cai Peng (mixed rice).

I followed this recipe from Rasa Malaysia but cut down slightly on the amount of water, based on The Pleasure Monger's advice because I didn't want my Chai Tow Kway to turn out too sticky.

Making the dish wasn't rocket science, but boy did I work up a sweat grating the radish!

And because I couldn't fit all the radish pieces into my frying pan, I split them into half and fried them differently, as you can see below. Those who frequently eat this local dish will know what I mean :)


4 comments:

  1. These look amazing!! Job well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think it's a bit too healthy though. Should have added a bit more oil heh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look really good! I must learn to make this when I head back to Geneva...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lady J - You should! Especially when you miss hawker food. Can you get radish over there? Don't forget to bring over a packet of cai po :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Subscribe: