Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

One-Eyed Bridezilla

My left eyelid has been swollen since yesterday.

This ailment isn't new to me. It's my chronic blepharitis at work again, which I can only attribute to the following factors - the stress from the upcoming wedding, dust from the springcleaning over the weekend and long hours of contact lens wearing recently (I really should have known better not to wear my contacts for my work trip to Bangkok last Thurs, from morning till midnight).

What impeccable timing.

Hot compresses, medication, drinking more fluids and staying away from 'heaty' food - I'm doing it all.

I keep my fingers and toes crossed that it will subside by this weekend, or I'd really be a one-eyed bridezilla.

RAWWRRRR!

5 comments:

  1. Oh dear - what bad timing! Hang in there and I'm pretty sure the swelling will come down.

    I had a (lesser) crisis closer to my wedding day as well: http://youdecidelor.wordpress.com/2009/05/19/crisis/

    Does this happen to all brides-to-be?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care, girl! I'm sure you'll recover in time for your wedding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no... I hope you get better soon! Can you take antihistamines to help reduce the swelling?

    ReplyDelete
  4. miss ene - I've got a chip at my big toe nail too haha. Suspect it happens to all brides-to-be...hmmm.

    xl - thanks dear, see you on Sun!

    thepleasuremonger - i really hope so too! antihistamines won't help because mine's an inflammation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh! At least it didn't happen on the day itself! Hope it's subsided by now.. Or you can wear statement making big sunnies ;) I'm sure you will have a beautiful wedding nonetheless! Enjoy your big day tomorrow! xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Subscribe: