Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Melbourne - Photos from the Diana Mini

I love shooting on film because of the element of surprise. Unlike digital cameras, you never know what you are going to get. I especially love the vignetting and lovely retro feel of the photos when you use a Lomo, Holga or Diana.

Anyway, I finally used up the remaining film from my Melbourne trip on our honeymoon in Maldives and developed my photos a few weeks back.

Here are some snapshots taken with the Diana Mini.

Part of the film got accidentally exposed when I opened the camera cover thinking the film was fully rewound, but I thought the overexposed photos turned out rather interesting from the light leaks (the two photos below the one of the license plate).






7 comments:

  1. Awesome to see film still being used. Keep film alive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are fab! The first one is especially stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greg - Yeah it'll be sad if film becomes obsolete, though I choose to believe that it won't!

    thepleasuremonger - Thank you! You can't really shoot a bad picture along the Great Ocean Road when the scenery is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful! i took some new ones too but it seems really difficult to use up one roll of film haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup it's not easy to use up one roll and I only feel inspired to take photos overseas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been dying to get the Diana for ages! I was even looking at getting the instax add-on so we could have it at our wedding.. but I think i might get too selfish to share it. :)

    i still have an old manual nikon f10 which i used recently.. not as creative as the diana but I think using old film or b/w or slide film can create similar results. gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go get the Diana, you won't regret it! It's really fun to shoot, although I prefer images by the Holga (it has more light leaks). I hope to get the Blackbird Fly next but it's quite pricey for a toy camera..

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Subscribe: