Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Taipan Snowy Mooncakes

Remember how i mentioned previously that i tend to trust beauty products by the Japanese?

Well, when it comes to food, anything from Hong Kong has my vote.

Which is why when my family chanced upon Taipan's Snowskin Mooncakes at the Mooncakes Fair at VivoCity this evening, we knew we just had to buy a box home to try.

Apparently Taipan claims to have pioneered the first snowskin mooncakes in the market and the snowskin texture is different because they use high quality flour from Japan.

I'm a big fan of snowskin mooncakes (i don't enjoy the traditional baked ones because i find them too dry for my liking) and hence couldn't wait to try the mooncakes (which my Uncle's wife who's from Hong Kong, swears by).

Love the thermal packaging it came in
Modelling the 'It' bag of Mid-Autumn 2010
We bought the assorted box, which includes flavours such as the Trademark Mung Bean, Matcha Green Tea with Red Bean, Black Sesame, Chocolate and Bird's Nest.
Snowy, delectable delights
My precious!
The Trademark Snowskin Mung Bean Mooncake

Took a bite of the Trademark Snowskin Mung Bean Mooncake which tastes different from the usual snowskin lotus paste mooncakes because of its mung bean (or green bean as we call it locally) filling. I don't quite know how to describe it, but it almost felt like I was having an ice cream mooncake. Love the soft, smooth snowskin and how the mung bean filling wasn't too sweet. Can't wait to try the other flavours!

5 comments:

  1. I like snowskin mooncakes too!!! XD Never really liked the baked ones.

    Food from Hong Kong and Taiwan share top spot for me hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I don't like the baked ones too :P Are mooncakes on sale in Japan?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh gosh I am so jealous!! Can't find any good snowskin mooncakes here in London.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aha! Business idea for you, you can import the Taipan ones from HK :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't see any Chinese-style mooncakes hehe. But they celebrate the Mid-Autumn Festival too, I think?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Subscribe: