Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Confessions of A Bride-To-Be #8: Justice of Peace

Dear whoever reads this blog,

I need recommendations for a Justice of Peace.

Professor Yu Shi Ming, whom was recommended by some friends, might not be able to make it for our wedding in January because his license is expiring at the end of the year.

Our requirements are simple (or so we think).
  • Speaks good English
  • Doesn't get our names wrong (i've heard horror stories of how the JP mixed the bride and groom's names up)
  • Is punctual
  • Doesn't require us to pick him/her up
  • Doesn't force us to write our own vows
  • Doesn't try to crack lame jokes
  • Is friendly and not stern
The SG Bride forum threads only seem to revolve around a few popular JPs who don't meet some of our requirements, so I would be grateful for any recommendations based on your or your friends' experience.

Thanks very much!

Cheers,
Z

7 comments:

  1. I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions but I'll try asking my friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mine was cheong yuen chee! he's a little old, but he's nice and did his job well. we had the same criteria as you guys. he did my brother's too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks! did you have to call him to invite him to be your JP or just email will do?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Z, I have to recommend my JP then - Tan Yan Boon, Alex...he is very friendly, smiley and a bit of a joker, but that's good since he maintains a jovial mood during the ceremony. He's a friend of my friend, where I saw him in action then and thought he was pretty good so I invited him for mine. Try to search for him online. If you have any issues with locating him, let me know. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can try our JP, Paul Gaudette. I wrote about him in my blog: http://youdecidelor.wordpress.com/2009/04/08/mr-jp/

    I have a photo of him. Let me know if you need to see how he looks like! He fulfills all your requirements!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks very much ladies, appreciate the suggestions.

    I'm more inclined to contact Alex Tan than Paul Gaudette because i don't think the latter will be able to pronounce my Chinese name!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I basically called him, and he was really straightforward, told us to fax him the form and he signed it and i think that was pretty much it! Very fuss-free

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Subscribe: