Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Confessions of a Bride-To-Be #13: The Wedding Shoes


The red ones are to die for. Alas, none of these belong to me.
Photo from here


I’ve been on the search for shoes, ever since my gown and cheongsam designs were confirmed with Dang last month.

Although the wedding shoes tend to get less attention because they are mostly hidden from view, I think it’s important to find a pair you feel happy and pretty prancing around in. Kinda like underwear, no?

While I had no trouble looking for shoes for my cheongsam (settled on a strappy pair from Aldo), the hunt for the wedding shoes proved to be more problematic.

Over a few weeks, I combed the shelves at Aldo, Charles and Keith, Hue, Nine West, Pedro, Pedder Red, Anna Nucci, Tangs, Isetan and Takashimaya. I avoided Christian Louboutin like the plague, for fear of falling to temptation to something out of reach.

But still, i found nothing.

For the record, I did think long and hard about a gorgeous pair of crimson, satin peep toes from Tangs (much to my Mom’s dismay), but in the end, I went with the safer option of ivory or silver. I also contemplated ordering from Zappos but didn't want to take the risk of buying a pair of shoes that might not fit.

Well two weeks ago, I found the elusive pair at Essex Walk, now located at the Mandarin Gallery (thank you Miss Ene for the tip!). Would highly recommend brides-to-be to check the shop out because they offer a good range of bridal shoes. The shoes aren't cheap but I guess you can be assured you are paying for comfort and quality. One thing I like is that they allow you to customize your designs i.e. change the colour, increase/decrease the height of the shoes.

I chose a simple, peep toe design which I’ve customized in ivory (the original comes in silver). I was on the fence on whether to add additional height so I could fulfill my near impossible dreams of being an Amazonian bride. I decided against it, because that would require adding a platform, which would kind of spoil the elegant feel of the shoes.

So the shoes are settled. Yay to striking off another item from my list!

8 comments:

  1. I wanted to get mine from Essex Walk too, but realised they stocked shoes from London, so I came back here to go straight to the source! Got meself a pair of Benjamin Adams, which were great, pretty and comfortable, and saved quite a bit of money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just did a google on Benjamin Adams and saw my design on the website haha. Won't be surprised if we we might actually have the same design :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine are these! It's called Winslet. http://www.girlsofelegance.co.uk/acatalog/Winslet.html

    Anyway, you can dye these shoes to a more practical colour after the wedding, but I just can't bear to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not the same, but similar! I will share photos when I have collected them :)
    Don't think I will bear to dye them too, but we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeay! Glad you found your shoes at Essex Walk. I love my shoes! They were really comfortable throughout my wedding day and pre-wedding shoot. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM :) And yes, I can't bear to dye them black too (costs $100!) so they're sitting prettily in the box they came in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you worn them again since the wedding?
    They were really comfy when i tried them on in the shop. But i'm still gonna keep my fingers crossed for the actual day because i'm quite prone to blisters unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, I can so understand your relief! The shoes seem to be the hardest part!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes they are! Now, i keep my fingers crossed for blister free feet on the big day.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Subscribe: