Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

To Give Is To Receive

Now that I've caught up on sleep debt and have almost recovered from wedding coma (yes, it is real) and food coma from the past few days of CNY feasting and visiting, I hope to share more about the wedding in the next few weeks.

Anyway, the husb and I had joked about how broke we were going to be, when it dawned on us about a month back that we had to give out ang pows this Lunar New Year, a few days after paying off wedding bills. Although some say the first year of marriage is supposed to be a 'resting' year for a newly wed couple, we decided to prepare them nonetheless.

It's been surprisingly fun giving those ang pows out.

I love to see the little kids' faces light up when you hand them the red packets and remember, that I too was once like them and looked forward to the extra pocket money every year.

I guess this is what you call the joy of giving.

Before I forget, Happy Lunar New Year and may this be a prosperous year for all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Subscribe: