Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Stefanie Sun's Wedding Dresses

It's been close to four months since the wedding and though I have put my bridezilla days behind me, I still can't help but gush over a beautiful wedding gown (and bride) when I see one.

Singapore's home-grown songbird, Stefanie Sun got hitched yesterday and her wedding photos were featured in today's papers.



I like how she went for a simple, classic gown, matched it with a chapel veil and let her hair down to avoid looking overly mature.

But really, for me, it was her second gown for the evening which stole the show.

She wore a long-sleeved lace gown. A Grace Kelly gown!

No offence to the House of McQueen, but this dress in my humble opinion is more breathtaking.

I'm so envious she got to put on this gown. Do you know how hard it is to carry off a full lace, needless to say long-sleeved gown?

I wish she wore a different hairstyle though. Her hair looks a little unstyled, don't you think?

Photos from The Straits Times

9 comments:

  1. Heh I love it that her hair is unstyled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how she didn't go for the typical tight bridal bun :) But maybe a wee bit of hairspray would have helped hold some of the frizzy bits! Anyway she's one cool bride. I wouldn't have been able to survive letting my hair down in Singapore's heat and humidity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe yes she looks like she's a laid-back kinda bride!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Thanks for sharing this... didn't even know she got married. You're right, her second gown is such a beauty! But I agree with you, could have done a little more with the hair! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lady J - Hello! Guess your internet connection is up and running :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you - with such a gorgeous lace gown, she could have worked on her hair for a bit. Doesn't need to be all severe but something more chic? This looks like she bundled her hair up for a quick shower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. miss ene - Can't help but agree with you on the bundled hair for a quick shower part!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i think it's the lace that u love:) likewise, i agree that her gown is gorgeous (same goes for kate's royal gown which has the elaborated lace details too). i used to dislike lace because, for a period of time, it was associated with "old". i was a teenager then but now, i can't agree more on how elegant lace is! ok, enuff talk abt lace :p

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi if you dont mind , can i ask you, where did you buy the gown for wedding from singapore, if you know any shops can you please suggest.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Subscribe: