Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Days In Hong Kong - Lan Fong Yuen

I've always preferred tea to coffee (but I'll make an exception for latte) and I loveeee Hong Kong's milk tea. It's stronger, milkier and has more oomph. It's a pity we can't find milk tea of the same standard in S'pore.

The husband brought me to the Lan Fong Yuen (蘭芳園) branch at Sheung Wan, to have a cup of their famous milk tea. Lan Fong Yuen is famous supposedly first invented pantyhose milk tea in the 1950s. Yes, you heard me - pantyhouse. The tea is filtered through a long stocking (which resembles a pantyhose) and the process filters out any sediments and somehow results in a silky smooth brew.

 
I was a little disappointed, to be honest, when I took a sip of my milk tea. The tea was smooth, but I found the tea too strong for my liking (apparently several types of tea leaves are brewed together for 13 minutes, hence the strength of the brew). Perhaps we should have visited the main branch at Gage Street, Central.

Lan Fong Yuen
Shop No. 304D, Shun Tak Centre
200 Connaught Road Central
Sheung Wan, Hong Kong

3 comments:

  1. The milk tea at the cafeteria of HKU's Lady Ho Tung Hall is pretty good! It's near Central. Worth a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Won't be going back to HK anymore this year. But will definitely try the next time I go back! Maybe a girls only trip with XL and MY? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES YES! A girls' trip!!! HONG KONG!!!
    (I sound deranged...)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Subscribe: