Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

2010, in retrospect

Dreamweaver has done it. So has The Pleasure Monger.

As the year draws to a close (has it really been a year?!), it’s now my turn to take a step back to reflect.

I probably remember more about 2009 than 2010 though.

In 2009, the boy proposed and we commited ourselves to the biggest investment in our lives. We also experienced our first live game at the Emirates Stadium and visited the City of Lights (two items off the travel checklist!).

In 2010, on the travel front, we satisfied our backpacking or flashpacking (to be exact) itch in Vietnam (Jan), enjoyed comfort food and shopping during a quick birthday getaway in HK (Mar) and went on a road trip Down Under (June). I feel most spirited when I travel and I am grateful for every opportunity to see the world a little more.

Workwise, the bigger part of the year was rather painful. I was stuck in a role which I didn’t enjoy. But thankfully, I had two wonderful colleagues, M and S to turn to and I am grateful for their friendship. Just as we entered the last quarter of the year, I embarked on a new job in an organization which I’ve always wanted to work for, in an industry which I am passionate about. I keep my fingers crossed that I will continue to enjoy work satisfaction in the company.

Then of course, there’s the wedding prep which has unfortunately resulted in us arguing a lot more in recent months. It hasn’t been easy, preparing for the big day and a new phase in our lives. To say the stress gets to you is an understatement. Imagine having to manage this logistics of a nightmare while trying to please our families and ensuring that our decisions are not made at the expense of our happiness, all at the same time. But we're almost there and I can’t wait to let my hair down, literally, after the dinner!

And that’s about all to my 2010, really.

I guess it is what I would call a transition year, gearing up for the wedding, the new home and a life together.

Although the year wasn’t as exciting as the previous one, it was decent.

I am contented, in a good place and I can't ask for more.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely entry. I am sure 2011 holds many more exciting adventures ahead and I look forward to reading about them. Happy New Year Z!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to reading about your adventures too :) Best wishes to you and your family for 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have enjoyed knowing you via our blogs and look forward to the day when we can watch an Arsenal game together!! I live just two minutes away from the stadium, let me know!! Happy new year and all the best for 2011. Hang in there for the wedding, everything will be worth the effort! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. We would love to catch the Gunners in action again with you and M, so fingers crossed that we'll head to London again, maybe as a stopover to another European city? :) Btw, RVP, Nasri and Jack Wilshere are on Twitter too, go follow them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new year to you too, Z! This year is definitely gonna be a smashing year for you. Really happy to "know" you too!! Gambate for the last leg to your wonderful wedding!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Lin, I'm glad to have known you too and i hope i'll look as lovely as you did, on my wedding day :)Thanks for the advice and listening ear on my 'wardrobe crisis' as well!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Subscribe: