Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

No More Dreaded Mondays

Mrs C is probably one of the most inspirational women i've met. I'm honoured and thankful to have had the chance to work with her.



About 2 months ago, she gave me this book, together with a card, to thank me for my help with an event and to serve as a form of motivation, as she had heard from another colleague that i have been feeling disheartened due to some challenges at work.

An excerpt from her card goes:
"....Sometimes our work gets tough and at times we may feel discouraged but if we see this as a mission and not just a job, we will find the work worthwhile..."

I haven't touched the book as i've been distracted by magazines and chick lit. But with the recent 11 hour work days that i have been putting in AND the insane, unwelcome amount of number crunching at work (i loathe numbers and never expected this to be part of my job scope), i think it's time to start my bedtime reading.

No more Monday blues? We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. i've been disheartened the longest time too. but we will get there. jia you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been making rather poor career choices since i started work & still trying to find that elusive thing called work satisfaction (if it exists). thanks for the encouragement though!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Subscribe: