Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Wild Honey

The fiancé and I met up with the buddies for a catch up and crooning session yesterday.

The plan was to go to Ippudo Ramen for dinner, but the queue was snaking long and we only had an hour to grab dinner.

So we checked out Wild Honey. An all-day breakfast establishment which created an online hoo-ha earlier this year, among some disgruntled foodies, who couldn't comprehend why they had to pay service charge when they had to queue to place their orders.

Here are my two cents' worth.

Service
I've got no complaints on the self order at the cashier concept, because there are other popular F&B outlets which charge for service and make you go to the counter to pay when you're done. To me, that's no different.

The staff at Wild Honey, were quite attentive, refilling our water frequently but other than that, it was not exceptional.

Atmosphere
I like the relaxed vibe of the cafe, but the crowd was young and definitely a place for the young ones to see and be seen.

Food
A good variety to choose from ranging from Scandinavian to Japanese to Yemen.
I enjoyed my European set, which consisted of eggs benedict with mushrooms, prosciutto and Hollandaise sauce. Very tasty and loved the soft, fluffy brioche which came with it but i wish they had used Portobello mushrooms instead of button (i think) mushrooms. Could also have been a more generous serving of mushrooms. I only counted a total of 4 pieces in mine. The others had the English set, with eggs, sausage, bacon, tomato, baked beans mushrooms and toast. That's definitely a more value for money set, judging by the portions.

English vs European

Price
We paid about SGD$20-25 each in total, which to me, is pretty pricey for 'breakfast'.

Would i go back?
Though I really like the all-day breakfast concept and the above average quality of food, probably not, because the price is a bit of a turn off. I would rather go to Spruce instead for a heartier breakfast. I'd only be a regular customer if it were tucked away in another nook of Singapore and they didn't have to charge such prices to cover their exorbitant rent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Subscribe: