Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Peta the Trendsetta

When i first met Peta-Gay on my first day at Dutch Funnel Cakes, i thought she didn't like me. (Maybe she really didn't? I never got around to asking her about it but that no longer matters.) She didn't give me a single smile and i thought she was bossy because she kept giving everyone, including me, instructions.

But when you're working at the same place, it's inevitable that you engage in small talk eventually and i soon realised that's just how Peta was. Aloof and slow to warm up to strangers. The moment she opened up, we really hit it off. I had a whole summer of fun working with this confident female who's not afraid to speak her mind, who's also a great, loyal friend. The title of this post is what she used to call herself, unabashedly.


It's been 4 years since we met during my Work & Travel stint, and i'm glad we're still in touch.

Despite living in a different continent and time zone, I appreciate how she still drops me a note via Facebook or MSN, once in a while to check on how B and i are doing.

Just yesterday, she almost went berserk when she found out that we're getting married next January.

Petabyte: "FINALLY!!!! I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS!

We chatted about other daily stuff like work, before she ended the conversation with her usual question.

"When are you coming to Jamaica?"

Someday, someday, i hope :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Subscribe: