Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Quest to be Snow White

I've been depriving myself of beach holidays, since our trip to Koh Racha last August AND piling on sunblock (though not diligently), in a bid to stay fair for the big day.

Despite my efforts, my arms are still visibly darker than my face :(

My colleague said she once saw Fann Wong filming and besides a huge umbrella, she had a bottle of Hazeline Snow. Well I'm sure her porcelain skin is due to other factors like daily intake of bird's nest and whatsoever.

But apparently the older generation swears by Hazeline Snow. Remember my grandma using it on her face when i was a little girl.

The same colleague was kind enough to buy me two jars when she passed by a traditional medicine shop during the week.

If it works for Grandma, i hope it works for me!

The secret to Fann's fair beauty?

8 comments:

  1. Interesting... let us know if it works. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will! But it'll be quite hard to tell whether i'm fairer because of Hazeline or because of avoiding the sun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love hazeline snow! don't know if it makes me fairer because erm, i'm already pale...but you can get the one with the green cap, it's slightly more moisturising and smells even better than the original (imho), but original's nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grandma used Hazeline too. I remember she would put it in the fridge so it's icy cold. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. rachel - pray tell the secret to your fairness!
    ok will try the one with the green cap once i've finished using the original one!

    yz - haha icy cold? like snow literally. will try that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Z: Err..I was born like that, and then when I was about 13-14, I got really dark because my school took part in NDP, 15-16, I got lighter with the lower exposure to sun, I don't know if it helps, but I've been using Shiseido since forever, not on my body though, I used to use Nivea on my body cuz my mum would make me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Then i'd probably attribute your fairness to genes. I may be wrong, but are you Teochew?

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm Hokkien, many have thought I'm Teochew. Hehe. Mum's the fair one, Dad's the tanner one, so I think I got that more from Mum.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Subscribe: